Buying a Used Car
If you're looking to buy a used car, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Take your time to look for the right car. Review Consumer Reports of the vehicle you're interested in buying to see it's reliability and expected repair costs.
- Ask the seller a lot of questions and find out as much as you can about the car. Take the car for a test drive.
- Don't make a hasty decision. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Always have a mechanic look over the car, especially when it's sold AS-IS. If the seller refuses, walk away.
- Ask for the Used Vehicle Information Package, maintenance records (if any), and complete a Bill of Sale. Visit the Service Ontario website for more information.
- Compare the sellers ID to the vehicle title and registration to ensure you're not buying a stolen vehicle.
- As always, if you have any questions about a car you're looking at buying, give us a call.