We would like to assure you that we are taking all precautions to ensure that your visits to the garage are safe. Read more ...
With Old Man Winter at the door and the second snow fall approaching fast, is your car ready for winter? Make an appointment with us to check your vehicle and use the list below for things you can do to get your car ready for winter.
1. Change your tires to snow tires and check the tire thread. All season tires do not work as well on the snow. If you need tires, let us know. We have a wide selection of brand new and used tires.
2. Check the tire pressure - when it gets cold out, tires lose pressure.
3. Check your battery level to ensure it's ready to start your car when temperatures drop below -20ºC.
4. Check the windshield wipers and washer fluid level. Change the wiper blades to more durable winter blades.
5. Check coolant level - one indicator of low coolant levels is when your car heater does not pump much (if any) heat.
6. Check brakes and brake fluid.
7. Check transmission and power steering fluids.
8. Change oil and oil filter.
9. Change air filter.
10. Don't forget to dig out the snow brush and ice scraper.
11. Pack a small extendable snow shovel and some sand or kitty litter in case you get stuck in the snow or ice.
12. Make an emergency kit that includes a first aid kit, road flares, flashlights, booster cables, extra blankets (even hats,scarfs, and gloves), snacks, and a phone battery charger pack. Always ensure your phone is charged before you drive in case you need to call for help in an emergency.