1. Leave some space between yourself and the car in front. This will give you more time to react and avoid the pothole.
2. If it's too late to slow down or avoid the pothole, don't brake when you're just about to hit it. This way you'll avoid making more damage to the braking system.
3. Beware of going over puddles as it's impossible to know how deep the puddle is.
4. Ensure that your tires are properly inflated.
5. Check and make sure that your spare tire is properly inflated as well. A flat spare tire is the last thing you need in case you get a flat.