They also provide an Android and iOS app which allows you to save and email the information to yourself. Here's a breakdown of what you need to do if you're in a collision:
2. Record the other driver's information (driver's license #, name, address, telephone #), vehicle ownership information (vehicle licence plate, make, model, year, and owner name and address), and insurance information (insurance company, policy holder, and policy #).
3. Attend a Collision Reporting Centre if directed by police (in step 1). Bring all of the information above (including your own driver's licence, vehicle ownership and insurance) and your vehicle to any of these locations: West (211 Huntmar Drive), Downtown (474 Elgin Street), or East (3343 St. Joseph Boulevard). You will need to fill out a Collision Report Statement.
Here are some additional tips:
▪ Take pictures and document the scene.
▪ Record the road and weather conditions.
▪ Record the direction of travel of both vehicles involved in the collision and the estimated speed.
▪ If there are witnesses, get their contact information so they can provide you with a statement if necessary.
▪ Never accept services from a tow truck driver arriving on the scene of your collision unless they have been called by yourself, your insurance company or by police.
▪ Do not allow a tow truck to hook up your vehicle until you specifically say so, and always ask how much it will cost. If you're not comfortable dealing with the towing firm, call someone else.